Early educators and families work every day to make a difference in the lives of young children. NAEYC works to support these remarkable individuals by amplifying their voices, and passionately advocating for what we know to be right for children, their families, and educators. NAEYC also offers a robust suite of national resources and local offerings to provide NAEYC members access to cutting-edge content and professional development through online communities, publications, events and more.
Joining NAEYC also provides membership to the affiliate of your choice. Select South Carolina Association for the Education of Young Children (SCAEYC) to get involved.
Entry Level Membership ($30)
Entry Level membership is a digitally-based introduction to NAEYC and its diverse professional resources. Are you a student or young professional joining NAEYC for the first time? This is where to start!
- Access to content you can use right away—such as ideas for implementing developmentally appropriate practice, fostering strong family engagement, and more— through NAEYC digital resources.
- Access to NAEYC’s Interest Forums, where you can connect with members who share your specific passion.
- Discounted insurance offerings, including professional liability insurance.
- 20 percent discount on all orders from NAEYC’s online store, as well as access to exclusive member-only resource sales during the year.
- Exclusive access to member-only sessions at NAEYC events, including the member-only VIP lounge at Annual Conference and the member-only hour in the exhibit hall.
- Registration opportunities for member-only events, including our Public Policy Forum, which brings members together in Washington, DC, to advance federal and state early childhood policy.
- Discounted subscription rates for additional publications and resources: Early Childhood Research Quarterly, Exchange Magazine, Highlights High Five, Highlights Hello, and Education Week.
In addition to the national level benefits above, SCAEYC offers excellent local benefits to Entry Level members, including: e-mail blasts to keep you informed.
Standard Membership ($69)
Benefits include all Entry Level membership benefits, plus:
- A subscription to one of NAEYC’s award-winning periodicals. Choose from Young Children (YC) or Teaching Young Children (TYC). Published four times a year as three print issues (Spring, Fall, and Winter) and a digital issue (Summer).
- One complimentary NAEYC ebook, published and selected by NAEYC, delivered to you during your membership year.
- Registration discounts for NAEYC’s events, including our Annual Conference and Professional Learning Institute.
- Deep discounts and coupons for every teacher’s favorite retail and entertainment venues across the country.
- Complimentary registration for one NAEYC online professional learning course during your membership year.
- Full access to the digital archive of Young Children, which allows you to browse and download issues dating back to 1956 through 2015.
In addition to the national level membership benefits above, SCAEYC offers excellent local benefits to Standard members, including: discount rate to our annual conference.
Premium Membership ($150)
Benefits at this level include all Entry and Standard membership benefits, as well as:
- Subscriptions to both of NAEYC’s award-winning periodicals, Young Children (YC) and Teaching Young Children (TYC). Each published four times a year as three print issues (Spring, Fall, and Winter) and a digital issue (Summer).
- A total of four complimentary handpicked publications by NAEYC and delivered to you during your membership year (3 print books and 1 ebook), as well as one $22 coupon towards the purchase of a publication of your choice (for a total of 5 free books each year!).
- Complimentary registration for two NAEYC online professional learning courses during your membership year.
- Exclusive access to VIP events, such as book signings and networking sessions, at NAEYC’s Annual Conference and Professional Learning Institute.
In addition to the national level benefits above, SCAEYC offers excellent local benefits to Premium members, including: special events just for Premium Members.
Family Membership ($35)
- This is an exciting new membership option designed for members outside of the early learning profession, such as parents and other family members.
- Access to exclusive NAEYC content specifically for families. Looking for high-quality early learning centers? Wondering how best to support your child’s learning once they get home from school? This is the membership option for you!
- Access to NAEYC’s Interest Forums, where you can connect with members to learn about specific topics in early childhood. A great resource for families!
- Discounted insurance offerings, including home, auto, and life insurance.
- 20 percent discount on all orders from NAEYC’s online store, as well as access to exclusive member-only sales during the year.